With heavy snow and possible freezing rain predicted for parts of the Ameren Illinois territory, Ameren Illinois has alerted employees to prepare for potential bad weather that may impact our infrastructure.
Ameren Illinois is taking the following actions to keep customers and personnel safe:
- Weather conditions are being monitored for any changes that may impact service.
- All emergency response personnel have been given an opportunity to prepare themselves and their families should conditions deteriorate.
- All Ameren Illinois and contractor personnel have been placed on alert.
- Trucks will be fueled and loaded with supplies so they are ready for immediate deployment.
Ameren Illinois offers the following tips:
- Call Ameren Illinois at 800-755-5000 to report an outage, or log onto our website at AmerenIllinois.com
- Stay away from downed power lines. Call Ameren Illinois at 800-755-5000 as soon as possible to report a downed line or natural gas odor.
- Detailed safety and outage information is available at IllinoisOutage.com. Customers with mobile devices can visit www.ameren.mobi or follow the Ameren Illinois news feed at twitter.com/AmerenIllinois.
- Sign up for outage alerts and we will text or email restoration updates after you report an outage. Learn more at Ameren.com/alerts.
- If your electric service is interrupted, be sure to unplug or protect sensitive computer and electronic equipment with a high-quality surge protector.
- When severe weather is predicted, make certain your cell phone is fully charged. Also, remember that cordless land line telephones will not function in the event of a power outage.
About Ameren Illinois
Ameren Illinois delivers energy to 1.2 million electric and 806,000 natural gas customers in Illinois. Our mission is to power the quality of life. Our service area covers more than 1,200 communities and 43,700 square miles. For more information, visit AmerenIllinois.com or find us on Twitter @AmerenIllinois.
CONTACT: Stacey Shangraw, 309-677-5073, firstname.lastname@example.org; Brian Bretsch, 618-343-8087, email@example.com; Marcelyn Love, 217-535-5116, firstname.lastname@example.org