Leigh Morris Natalie Hemmer Erica Abbett Neal Johnson
217-535-5228 217-424-7541 314-206-0646 309-677-5516
The Ameren Illinois utilities today announced they are accepting applications for their 2007 Minority Scholarship.
The Ameren Illinois utilities will award one, annually renewable $2,500 scholarship to a minority student who is a permanent resident within the service territory served by AmerenCILCO, AmerenCIPS and AmerenIP.
Scholarship applications and complete eligibility requirements are available on the Ameren Web site (www.ameren.com) by going to the “In Your Community” section and then opening “Ameren Illinois Scholarship.” Applications must be received by Friday, April 6, 2007, and the recipient will be notified no later than May 11, 2007.
Scholarship eligibility requirements include the following:
• An applicant must be a high school senior, a U.S. citizen and a minority as defined by the federal government (i.e., African American, American Indian, Hispanic, Asian, Alaska Native or Pacific Islander).
• The student must plan to major in an engineering discipline, such as electrical, civil or mechanical engineering.
• The student must have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school grade point average of 2.6 on a 4.0 scale.
• An applicant must reside within the Ameren Illinois utilities’ service territory, but may not be related to an Ameren employee.
• The scholarship may be used at any accredited two-year or four-year college or university located in the United States.
Scholarship recipient selection will be based on scholastic ability, financial need and career choice.
The scholarship recipient will be eligible to receive $2,500 a year for up to four years. In addition, the recipient will be offered a summer internship at Ameren following the completion of their freshman year in college or university.
Ameren Corporation (NYSE: AEE) through its subsidiaries, serves 1.2 million electric and nearly 800,000 natural gas customers in Illinois.
Visit the Ameren Web site (www.ameren.com) for more information about Ameren and the Ameren Illinois utilities.