AmerenUE—the Presenting Festival Sponsor of the St. Louis Earth Day Festival—proudly presents the “Smart House,” a 40’ X 60’ interactive exhibit of energy efficiency displays and chances to win UE Energy Gift Certificates.
The one-of-a-kind Smart House will be on Government Drive in Forest Park across from the Muny Theatre on Sunday, April 25. Highlights include:
• chances to win one of five $100 UE Energy Gift Certificates by logging on to the Energy Savings Toolkit, UE’s free, online tool to analyze your energy usage—now featuring “daily reads” to let you know on what days of the week you use the most energy;
• chances to win one of five $50 UE Energy Gift Certificates by enrolling in eBill, UE’s paperless billing option;
• Ameren’s hybrid bucket truck, which uses both diesel fuel and electricity;
• a compact fluorescent light (CFL) display showing energy savings and demonstrating how to purchase the correct CFL for your lighting needs;
• information about CFL recycling;
• displays promoting UE’s Electric Energy Efficient incentive programs for both residential and commercial/industrial customers;
• a family-oriented display demonstrating how much muscle power is needed to generate a kilowatt of electricity; and
• a display showing how tree planting and landscaping can save energy.
“There really is something for everyone at the Smart Energy Efficiency House,” says AmerenUE’s Managing Supervisor, Products and Services Greg Lovett. “It’s designed to appeal to a broad audience of people interested in understanding their energy usage and learning about ways to be more energy efficient.”
“Energy efficiency programs give customers a choice and help them understand how to reduce their utility bills and help the environment by reducing the amount of electricity we must generate,” says Lovett. “These programs are also good for AmerenUE and communities. Less power used reduces emissions and stress on our delivery and generation systems.”
To find out more about energy efficiency at AmerenUE go to http://www.uefficiency.com.
AmerenUE, founded in 1902, provides electric and gas service to approximately 1.2 million customers across central and eastern Missouri, including the greater St. Louis area. UE serves 57 Missouri counties and 500 towns. The company's electric rates are among the lowest in the nation. For more information, visit www.amerenue.com.
# # #
Contact: Tim Fox, 314-554-4335