Ameren Illinois today announced applications are being accepted for the 2011 Minority Scholarship.
Ameren Illinois awards one, annually renewable $2,500 scholarship to a minority student who is a permanent resident within the Ameren Illinois service territory.
Scholarship applications and complete eligibility requirements are available at AmerenIllinois.com in the “My Community” section. Interested persons also may call Wanda Cruz at 1 217-424-6524 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by April 8.
Scholarship eligibility requirements include the following:
• An applicant must be a high school senior, a U.S. citizen and a minority as defined by the federal government (i.e., African American, American Indian, Hispanic, Asian, Alaska Native, Pacific Islander or other ethnic minority).
• The student must major in an engineering discipline, such as electrical.
• The student must have a minimum cumulative high school grade point average of 2.667 on a 4.0 scale.
• An applicant may not be related to an employee of any Ameren company.
• The scholarship may be used at any accredited two-year or four-year college or university located in the United States.
Scholarship recipient selection is based on scholastic ability, financial need and career choice.
The scholarship recipient will be eligible to receive $2,500 a year for up to four years. In addition, the recipient will be offered a summer internship at Ameren following the completion of the recipient’s freshman year in college or university.
Ameren Illinois delivers energy to 1.2 million electric and 813,000 natural gas customers in Downstate Illinois, and our mission is to meet their energy needs in a safe, reliable, efficient and environmentally responsible manner. Our service area covers more than 1,200 communities and 43,700 square miles. For more information, visit AmerenIllinois.com.
Contacts: Leigh Morris, 1-214-535-5228, email@example.com; Victoria Busch, 1-618-346-1286, firstname.lastname@example.org; Neal Johnson, 1-309-677-5284, email@example.com